Motor Vehicle Accidents - District Vehicle
If you are in a motor vehicle accident while driving an Aurora Public Schools vehicle:
- Call police immediately.
- If you carry a two-way radio, contact the dispatcher to report your accident. Otherwise, notify your supervisor, who will contact the Risk Manager.
- DO NOT admit fault or offer payments to other parties involved.
- DO NOT move injured parties.
- DO NOT make statements to anyone except police, your supervisor, or Risk Management.
- If you are injured, follow the procedures for reporting an injury.
- Complete the Motor Vehicle Accident Reporting Form (available from your site secretary) and return it to the Risk Management Department and Fleet Maintenance as soon as possible.
- Bring the damaged vehicle to Fleet Maintenance for a repair assessment.
Risk Management has prepared a accident brochure on Automobile Accident Reporting Procedures to be kept in the glove box of each APS vehicle with the APS insurance card. Please contact Risk Management to request a brochure for your vehicle.